3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Services, we collect two types of information: Personal Information and Usage Data.
We define “Usage Data” as information about an individual’s activity on or through the Services that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as browser type, operating system and webpages visited. Generally, we do not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify an individual. Usage Data may, however, be Personal Information under certain laws because it could be used to indirectly identify an individual.
We may link Personal Information and Usage Data or different types of Usage Data. We also may link publicly available Personal Information, such as Personal Information available in public databases and through social networking websites. The linked information may identify an individual person and is Personal Information.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
When You Use the Services: When you subscribe to or otherwise use the Services, we collect information about you, such as your name, property address, email address, phone number and any other information that you provide us. Such information also may be provided to us by your mortgage lender. We may from time to time conduct surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of our users. You may choose whether to participate in any survey.
We also collect information through our server logs. A server log is a list of the activities that a server performs. Real-Finity’s servers automatically collect and store in server logs your search queries, Internet Protocol (IP) address, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL and certain cookies that identify your browser or Real-Finity account.
We collect information about your computer, tablet or mobile telephone (“Device”), such as model, operating system version, mobile network information, telephone number, internet service provider and similar identifiers. Real-Finity may associate your Device information with your Real-Finity account. We may collect and store information (including Personal Information) on your Device through browser web and web application data caches.
Real-Finity offers mobile applications (“Apps”). Real-Finity collects information about your use of and interaction with the App, such as your Device’s operating system, browser type, domain and other system settings, search queries, the country and time zone in which your Device is located, metadata and other information stored on your Device, as permitted by your operating system settings. A Real-Finity App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your Device.
Through Service Providers: Third parties that assist us with our business operations also collect information through the Services. For example, service providers collect information to help us detect and prevent fraud.
Through Publicly Available Sources: We may collect personal data from publicly available sources, such as government records or public review websites, to supplement the personal data identified above.
5. COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Services. A web beacon (also called a pixel tag or clear GIF) is a piece of computer code that enables us to monitor 3 user activity and website traffic. To learn more about cookies and web beacons, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How We Use Data Collection Technology: Data Collection Technology helps us improve your experience of the Services by, for example, storing your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you use the Services, measuring the success of marketing campaigns, compiling statistics about use of the Services and helping us analyze technical and navigational information about the Services and to detect and prevent fraud.
The Services use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Services. Without them, for example, you would not be able to register or log in for the Services that we may offer.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors, to learn how visitors navigate the Services and to help us to improve the way Services function.
- Functionality cookies, which are used to recognize you when you return to the Services.
We also use Google Analytics which is a Google service that uses Data Collection Technology to collect anonymous information about use of the Services and report website trends. Google Analytics does not identify individual users. We may use an enhancement to Google Analytics called “Demographics and Interest Reporting,” through which Google provides us with information about our users’ demographics (e.g., age, gender) and interests. This information, which Google may collect by tracking a user’s behavior across third-party websites, helps us to learn more about our users. You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this enhanced tracking and opt out of it by visiting www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also may use other Data Collection Technology to collect information from the computer or device that you use to access the Services, such as your operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your computer or device is located.
Your Control of Cookies: Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. You also may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the Services.
Our Policy on Do Not Track Signals: Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including Real-Finity, do not respond to DNT signals.
6. HOW WE PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Real-Finity processes Personal Information:
- To set up and maintain your registration with the Services;
- To communicate with you;
- To prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses of the Services;
- To protect our rights and property;
- To operate, manage, secure and improve the Services;
- To respond to your questions and to try to resolve problems with one of our products;
- To complete transactions requested by you; and
- To help us improve our customer service.
Real-Finity processes Usage Data:
- To analyze trends and gather broad aggregate demographic information;
- To statistically monitor how many people are using the Services;
- To develop, improve and protect the Services;
- For audience research;
- To audit and analyze the Services;
- To ensure the technical functionality and security of the Services; and
- To provide such information to your mortgage lender.
7. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Real-Finity may share Personal Information collected via the Services as follows:
- Corporate Transaction: We may share and transfer Personal Information if we are involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control by Real-Finity or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part).
- When Required by Law: Applicable law may require Real-Finity to disclose your Personal Information if: (i) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant), government investigation or other legal requirements or (ii) necessary for the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law).
- Other Lawful Disclosures: We also share information (i) if disclosure would mitigate Real-Finity’s liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect legal rights of Real-Finity, users, customers, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to pursue available remedies or limit the damages; (iv) to enforce our agreements; (v) to respond to an emergency; and (vi) with your mortgage lender, as permitted.
Real-Finity may aggregate information collected though the Services and remove identifiers so that the information no longer identifies or can be used to identify an individual (“Anonymized Information”). Real-Finity shares Anonymized Information with third parties and does not limit third parties’ use of the Anonymized Information.
8. OPTING OUT
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, please click the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing emails or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and include the word “unsubscribe” in your email request to us).
9. ACCESSING, CORRECTING, AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For personal data that we have about you, you can:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your Personal Information (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your Personal Information through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases (e.g. if such information is inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can request more information about the Personal Information we hold about you and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
- Delete your Account. You may request that we delete your account by emailing email@example.com. We retain Personal Information for as long as we have a valid business purpose to or to meet our legal obligations.
To submit a request to access, correct, or delete your Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and include the word “correction” in your email to us). Please note we cannot remove or correct your Personal Information in databases of third parties with which we have shared your information prior to your request. Please contact those third parties directly.
In order to verify your request, Real-Finity may require you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. In certain circumstances, we may decline a request described above, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems.
Notice to California Residents: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
11. NOTICE TO INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
12. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take precautions intended to help protect information that we collect and store. Unfortunately, however, no system or online transmission of data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to or through the Services. Any transmission is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your information.
Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password-protected or secure areas of the Services. Access to the Services through your user ID and password will be treated as authorized by you. Unauthorized access to password-protected or secure areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security.
If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below.
13. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Services.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
We welcome your questions or comments. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.